There are a number of reasons why someone might want to get a USA IP address. Perhaps you’re a US national who is now living abroad and wanting to access financial accounts that you still hold back home. Maybe you’re a US sports fan who wants to get in on the live action that isn’t being shown across your own TV networks. Or one of the most likely use cases for a US IP address is to access US TV shows over streaming providers such as Netflix or YouTube.
Whatever your reason, an IP address from the US is arguably one of the most sought after IP addresses globally. The good news though is that it’s quick, cheap and easy to get one meaning that you can start to access the content you should be able to start accessing the content that you need within about 5 minutes of reading this article.
The solution that you’re looking for is called a VPN (a Virtual Private Network) and it allows you to look like you’re browsing the internet from anywhere in the world, when in actual fact you’re just sat at home or in the office like normal.
As a result, VPNs allow users to side step any geographical restrictions that websites or media owners may put on their content. If you’re reading this article, then you’ve probably already encountered the frustration of trying to stream some video content or access a US website only to receive a message that access is restricted to those people living in the US.
Well, be frustrated no longer because a VPN will make it look like you’re browsing the web from the US, even if you’re not.
Obtaining your USA IP Address
Getting a VPN up and running is nice and easy. You simply:
- Select the VPN platform that you want to sign up to (we’ve made a few recommendations for you below to help with this
- Download the software to the relevant device (typically your laptop, tablet or mobile phone)
- Chose a server in the US to connect to
- Head back to the website or streaming service that you want to access and select the content that you want to view
Best VPNs for getting a US IP address
So the most difficult part in the list above is finding a good VPN solution to sign up to. To help out with that, we’ve rated all of the major providers and have come up with the following list that we believe highlights those VPN platforms that are best able to provide you with US IP address.
Monthly cost:8.32 USD / month
Military grade protection coupled with a range of servers across the US and five star customer support makes ExpressVPN the perfect choice for those people needing to access USA content.
- 15 server locations in the US alone
- Over 130 additional servers in 90+ other countries
- Ultra fast network supports video streaming perfectly
- Wide range of apps cover all devices
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- High price
- Connection logs kept (for internal processes only)
Monthly cost:6.49 USD / month
IPVanish offers its customers one of the largest network of servers in the market meaning that users will always be able to find a location to view content from, regardless of how picky a media provider is. The fact that they cover up to five different devices is also a big bonus. …
- 300 servers in 12 US locations
- 400 more servers in 60 countries
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections
- Excellent customer support
- 7 Day money back guarantee
- No connection or usage logs kept of any kind
- Above average price
Monthly cost:5.42 USD / month
VyprVPN is one of our favourite providers, offering clients secure connections through their own hardware at high speed. Their proprietary Chameleon technology is perfect for video streaming as it prevents the throttling of download speeds by media owners.
- 10 server locations in the USA
- 700 extra servers across 70 other countries
- Proprietary Chameleon technology prevents throttling
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections
- Collection logs kept for 30 days
- Pricy Premium plan if paying on a monthly basis